5 September 2012
pidgin-otr and libotr 4.0.0 released!
Von: Ian Goldberg <ian[at]cypherpunks.ca>
Datum: 04. September 2012 16:09:38 MESZ
Betreff: [OTR-dev] pidgin-otr and libotr 4.0.0 released!
We are pleased to announce the official release of version 4.0.0 of our OTR
* the pidgin-otr plugin for the Pidgin instant messaging client
* the libotr library for integrating OTR support into your own applications
As always, you can find the new software at
The Windows installer for pidgin-otr 4.0.0 is:
The main new features in 4.0.0:
* Support v3 of the OTR protocol
* The plugin now supports multiple OTR conversations with the same buddy
who is logged in at multiple locations. In this case, a new OTR menu will
appear, which allows you to select which session an outgoing message is intended
for. Note that concurrent SMP authentications with the same buddy who is
logged in multiple times is not yet supported (starting a second authentication
will end the first).
* During a private conversation with a buddy, an incoming unencrypted message
will now trigger the regular incoming message notifications. In Pidgin this
includes showing the message in the top-right notification area, if it is
normally configured to do so.
* When a private conversation begins, the plugin will indicate whether Pidgin
is configured to log the conversation.
* By default, OTR conversations will not be logged by Pidgin.
* New translations.
* libotr API changes:
- instance tags, to support multiple simultaneous logins
- support for asynchronous private key generation
- the ability to provide an "extra" symmetric key to applications (with forward
- applications can supply a format conversion callback if they do not natively
use XHTML-style UTF8 markup
- error messages formerly provided by libotr are now handled using callbacks
to the application, for better i18n support
- otrl_message_sending now handles message fragmentation internally
Enjoy the new software!