2 April 2006
News reports on the UK Foreign Office documents below (most previously published with the reports):
Observer, August 28, 2005
Observer, September 4, 2005
New Statesman, December 5, 2005
And related New Stateman stories on renditions, December 30, 2005:
And the Muslim Brotherhood, February 20, 2006:
1. Three HMG e-mails, "Confidential: Engaging with Islam: Observer Leaks," 7, 8 and 9 September 2005, 4 pages.
2. Restricted Memorandum, "Shaykh Yusuf al Qaradawi," from Mockbul Ali to John Sawers, 14 July 2005, 4 pages.
3. Letter, "Working with the Muslim Community," from Sir Michael Jay, Permanent Undersecretary of State, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, to Sir Andrew Turnbull, KCB, CVO, Cabinet Office, 18 May 2004, 4 pages.
http://cryptome.org/fco-jay.pdf (redacted and unredacted versions) (665KB)
4. Two slides of a Restricted presentation, "Working with the Muslim Community: Key messages," Strategic Policy Team, Home Office, Foreign & Commonwealth Office, July 2004, 2 pages.
5. Confidential Letter, "Hearts and Minds and Muslims," from William Ehrman, Director-General (Defence & Intelligence), FCO, to Sir David Omand, Security & Intelligence Co-ordinator and Permanent Secretary, Cabinet Office, 23 April 2004, 2 pages.
The 5 documents in a Zipped file: