4 October 1997
See index for other COMSARs: http://www.bl.gordon.army.mil/bcblg/comsar/comsar.htm
COL BENJAMIN F. FLETCHER, DEP DIR, BCBL(G), (706)791-2057
SECTION I. GENERAL OFFICER SUMMARY.
SECTION II. ISSUES.
SECTION III. SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES.
1. CONFERENCES/MEETINGS/IPR'S ATTENDED.
2. VTCS CONDUCTED/ATTENDED.
3. TDY'S/ABSENCES.a. Colonel Fletcher will be TDY the following dates:(1) 21-22 Aug 97 - Fort Hood, TX, Subj: DIV XXI Data Collection.
(2) 26-27 Aug 97 - Fort Bragg, NC, Subj: Programmable Digital Radio Demonstration.
b. Mr. Mims will be TDY 26-27 Aug 97 to Fort Bragg, NC, Subj: Programmable Digital Radio Demonstration.
4. ACCOMPLISHMENTS.a. WARFIGHTER INFORMATION NETWORK PROOF OF CONCEPT (WIN POC) TESTBED.(1) The WIN POC biweekly meeting was held on 7 Aug. We reviewed the architecture of the first two switches and determined the configuration of the Nortel ATM switch and CISCO router. The purchase orders will be completed this week. We discussed the configuration of the Lucent PBX switch, but need to do more research on their recent upgrades. We reviewed the status update to be briefed to DISC4 later this month. Equipment for the lab network is beginning to arrive and we hope to begin installation early this fall.
(2) The Commercial Transition Working Group met for the second time to draft a functional requirements document for PM JTACS to give to industry for a full and open competition of a WIN switch in FY99. The draft continually gets better and more detailed with each meeting of engineers from DCD, JTACS, CECOM, MILSATCOM, and BCBL(G). The current status of this document will be briefed at the Switch Home-on-Home, 4 Sep, at Ft Monmouth.
(3) The Wireless LAN demonstration is being held at Ft Lee, VA, 11-15 Aug. Because some integration problems with STAMIS workstations have been encountered, some new versions of products are being looked at as well as a new architecture. Further investigation is necessary. Results will be published at the completion of the demonstration. (CPT Bierden, BCBL(G), 706-791-8329)
b. DIVISION XXI ADVANCED WARFIGHTING EXPERIMENT (DAWE). The Division XXI effort continues with Team Signal personnel working issues associated with the five experiment issues and one demonstration sponsored by the Signal Center. Specific issues are as follows:(1) ASYNCHRONOUS TRANSFER MODE (ATM)/HIGH CAPACITY TRUNK RADIO (HCTR) - Engineers from CECOM and GTE believe that they have solved the problem with the Node Centers dropping shots. It turns out to be a timing issue as the LDR-200 switches timing was configured differently than the LDR-100s. The timing sequence was opposite. Reversing the timing sequence seems to have fixed the problem. Verification is ongoing.
(2) GLOBAL BROADCAST SERVICE/BATTLEFIELD AWARENESS DATA DISSEMINATION (GBS/BADD) - Version 2 software is being loaded and tested in the Warfighter Associates. The new software adds a "Help" file and provides for a more robust data base.
(3) LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)/WIDE AREA NETWORK (WAN) Management - Training for LAN and WAN Managers is ongoing. Primary trainers include Team Signal personnel, CPT White (TSM-BC), MAJ Davis (TSM-NM) and SFC Watson (TSM-NM). The current training classes will continue through 15 Aug.
(4) NEAR TERM DIGITAL RADIO (NTDR) - Version 3.3 software is being installed and tested. This is the final version of software for the radio before SIMEX II. The software will provide more user functionality.
(5) DATA COLLECTION - Team Signal has been formally tasked to provide the subject matter experts (SMEs) for our initiatives. This should greatly improve the data collected on these initiatives during SIMEX II and the DIV XXI AWE. There will be an impact on the way Team Signal conducts business, however, this impact should be minimal as TEXCOMs SME software will facilitate the development of written reports and documentation.
(6) SIGNAL OFFICER (SIGO) Training - Team Signal is conducting training for 4th ID SIGOs. The Program of Instruction (POI) was developed to help the SIGOs understand the capabilities and functionality of ATM, HCTR, GBS/BADD, NTDR, Network Management, Battlefield Video Teleconference (BVTC), and Tactical Personal Communication System (PCS). The training is being conducted 13-15 Aug, at Fort Hood. (CPT Carter, BCBL(G), 706-791-3957)
5. FUTURE EVENTS.ACTION OFFICER'S TDY:(1) Mr. Widby will be TDY, 11-15 Aug 97, to Ft Lee, VA, to attend CSS Wireless LAN Demo.
(2) CPT Bierden will be TDY, 11-13 Aug 97, to Ft Lee, VA, to attend CSS Wireless LAN Demo.
(3) MAJ Knightley will be TDY, 11-14 Aug 97, to attend CEP 1107 Coordination Meeting with AMEDD.
SECTION IV. GENERAL OFFICER DUE OUTS.
DISTRIBUTION:Arnold, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Avant, CW4 Curley A., TTH DCSIM, email@example.com
Aymar, LTC Edward O., DCSOPS(FD), firstname.lastname@example.org
Ball, LTC, email@example.com
Barrett, COL, British LNO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barron, COL, email@example.com
Bell, MAJ, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bitto, LTC, email@example.com
Borders, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bosse, COL, email@example.com
Bouchard, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bowman COL, email@example.com
Bridges, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Buit, Tanya, email@example.com
Burse, COL Billy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Busby, LTC, email@example.com
Carroll, LTC Lance S., Deputy DCSIM, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carte, Mr. Ron, TEXCOM, email@example.com
Carter, COL Harvey, TEXCOM, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carter, John, email@example.com
Catudal, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cavanaugh, COL(P) Pete, email@example.com
Cheek, Joseph, Cheekj@email.hohenfels.army.mil
Cleyhorn, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Coffman, COL Sammy, email@example.com
Cohen, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Colwell, Vince, email@example.com
Cornelison, MAJ, firstname.lastname@example.org
Crockett, COL, email@example.com
Cross, Mr. Ronald, ADO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis, CPT, TECO, email@example.com
Davis, Mr. Glenn, SSB, DCD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Dionisio, CPT, email@example.com
Doerer, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Droke, COL Willard "Bud", email@example.com
Emison, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Estrella, COL A, email@example.com
Everette, COL Sherwood, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ferezan, COL, email@example.com
Fletcher, COL Benjamin, firstname.lastname@example.org
Floyd, Ms., email@example.com
Flynn, LTC Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Foley, Mr., email@example.com
Fong, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gerstein, LTC, email@example.com
Girdwood, MAJ Steve, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gongaware, COL, email@example.com
Gorzelnik, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Grissom, Ted, email@example.com
Gunzelman, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Guthrie, LTC, email@example.com
Hammond, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Henderson, LTC, email@example.com
Hightower, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hogan, LTC, email@example.com
Horback, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Howard, LTC, email@example.com
Huff, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hylton, COL Jim, email@example.com
Johnson, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karpinski, COL Mike, email@example.com
Karr, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kennedy, COL, email@example.com
King, MAJ Rick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Klooster, COL, email@example.com
Kopenhafer, COL James, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lamb, LTC, email@example.com
Lawrence, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Landrum, LTC, email@example.com
Lee, COL Rick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lehman, LTC, email@example.com
Lowrey, Vern, firstname.lastname@example.org
Luk, LTC, email@example.com
Lusk, COL Patrick, firstname.lastname@example.org
Luster, LTC, email@example.com
Lynn, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
MacGregor, COL, email@example.com
MacTaggart, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Madison, LTC, email@example.com
Mahaffey, COL Michael, firstname.lastname@example.org
Maida, LTC, email@example.com
Matthews, Kenneth, TEXCOM, firstname.lastname@example.org
McAllister, MAJ Marilyn, email@example.com
McKeown, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meeks, LTC Carolyn, OPTEC, email@example.com
Meredith, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meyer, COL John J., email@example.com
Mokrycki, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Moore, MAJ, email@example.com
Moran, COL Dennis, firstname.lastname@example.org
Morrison, COL Stewart, email@example.com
Newman, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Nichols, Mr. Larry, email@example.com
Offen, CPT Lee, OPTEC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Outland, Mr. Teddy, OPTEC, email@example.com
Paulson, Rosemary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Petersen, LTC, email@example.com
Pontius, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Premo, COL Gregory, email@example.com
Price, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pritchard, COL Peter, email@example.com
Pruneski, CPT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Reynolds, COL Bob, email@example.com
Richardson, COL Velma, firstname.lastname@example.org
Riggin, Mr. Chuck, TECO, email@example.com
Rodakowski, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Roman, LTC, email@example.com
Rose, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Santilli, Mr., email@example.com
Secretary General, ISC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shaddrix, LTC, email@example.com
Shively, COL Robert, firstname.lastname@example.org
Slupik, LTC, email@example.com
Smith, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Smith, J., LTC, email@example.com
Spragg, CPT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stallcup, LTC, email@example.com
Steimer, COL Gary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stevenson, Mary, email@example.com
Stump, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Sul, Mr, OPTEC, email@example.com
Taylor, COL Thomas, firstname.lastname@example.org
Thomas, COL Kenneth, email@example.com
Tuckey, COL Thom, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tyler, LTC, email@example.com
Urias, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Varljen, LTC, email@example.com
Via, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Vickery, Mr., email@example.com
Walker, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Ward, LTC, email@example.com
Wilson, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Yavorsky, LTC, email@example.com
Zelazny, COL Robert, firstname.lastname@example.org