4 October 1997
See index for other COMSARs: http://www.bl.gordon.army.mil/bcblg/comsar/comsar.htm
COL BENJAMIN F. FLETCHER, DEP DIR, BCBL(G), (706)791-2057
SECTION I. GENERAL OFFICER SUMMARY.
SECTION II. ISSUES.
SECTION III. SIGNIFICANT ACTIVITIES.
1. CONFERENCES/MEETINGS/IPR'S ATTENDED.
2. VTCS CONDUCTED/ATTENDED.
3. TDY'S/ABSENCES.a. Colonel Fletcher will be TDY the following dates:(1) 21-22 Aug 97 - Fort Hood, TX, Subj: DIV XXI Data Collection.
(2) 26-27 Aug 97 - Fort Bragg, NC, Subj: Programmable Digital Radio Demonstration.
b. Mr. Mims will be TDY 26-27 Aug 97 to Fort Bragg, NC, Subj: Programmable Digital Radio Demonstration.
4. ACCOMPLISHMENTS.a. WARFIGHTER INFORMATION NETWORK PROOF OF CONCEPT (WIN POC) TESTBED.(1) The WIN POC biweekly meeting was held on 7 Aug. We reviewed the architecture of the first two switches and determined the configuration of the Nortel ATM switch and CISCO router. The purchase orders will be completed this week. We discussed the configuration of the Lucent PBX switch, but need to do more research on their recent upgrades. We reviewed the status update to be briefed to DISC4 later this month. Equipment for the lab network is beginning to arrive and we hope to begin installation early this fall.
(2) The Commercial Transition Working Group met for the second time to draft a functional requirements document for PM JTACS to give to industry for a full and open competition of a WIN switch in FY99. The draft continually gets better and more detailed with each meeting of engineers from DCD, JTACS, CECOM, MILSATCOM, and BCBL(G). The current status of this document will be briefed at the Switch Home-on-Home, 4 Sep, at Ft Monmouth.
(3) The Wireless LAN demonstration is being held at Ft Lee, VA, 11-15 Aug. Because some integration problems with STAMIS workstations have been encountered, some new versions of products are being looked at as well as a new architecture. Further investigation is necessary. Results will be published at the completion of the demonstration. (CPT Bierden, BCBL(G), 706-791-8329)
b. DIVISION XXI ADVANCED WARFIGHTING EXPERIMENT (DAWE). The Division XXI effort continues with Team Signal personnel working issues associated with the five experiment issues and one demonstration sponsored by the Signal Center. Specific issues are as follows:(1) ASYNCHRONOUS TRANSFER MODE (ATM)/HIGH CAPACITY TRUNK RADIO (HCTR) - Engineers from CECOM and GTE believe that they have solved the problem with the Node Centers dropping shots. It turns out to be a timing issue as the LDR-200 switches timing was configured differently than the LDR-100s. The timing sequence was opposite. Reversing the timing sequence seems to have fixed the problem. Verification is ongoing.
(2) GLOBAL BROADCAST SERVICE/BATTLEFIELD AWARENESS DATA DISSEMINATION (GBS/BADD) - Version 2 software is being loaded and tested in the Warfighter Associates. The new software adds a "Help" file and provides for a more robust data base.
(3) LOCAL AREA NETWORK (LAN)/WIDE AREA NETWORK (WAN) Management - Training for LAN and WAN Managers is ongoing. Primary trainers include Team Signal personnel, CPT White (TSM-BC), MAJ Davis (TSM-NM) and SFC Watson (TSM-NM). The current training classes will continue through 15 Aug.
(4) NEAR TERM DIGITAL RADIO (NTDR) - Version 3.3 software is being installed and tested. This is the final version of software for the radio before SIMEX II. The software will provide more user functionality.
(5) DATA COLLECTION - Team Signal has been formally tasked to provide the subject matter experts (SMEs) for our initiatives. This should greatly improve the data collected on these initiatives during SIMEX II and the DIV XXI AWE. There will be an impact on the way Team Signal conducts business, however, this impact should be minimal as TEXCOMs SME software will facilitate the development of written reports and documentation.
(6) SIGNAL OFFICER (SIGO) Training - Team Signal is conducting training for 4th ID SIGOs. The Program of Instruction (POI) was developed to help the SIGOs understand the capabilities and functionality of ATM, HCTR, GBS/BADD, NTDR, Network Management, Battlefield Video Teleconference (BVTC), and Tactical Personal Communication System (PCS). The training is being conducted 13-15 Aug, at Fort Hood. (CPT Carter, BCBL(G), 706-791-3957)
5. FUTURE EVENTS.ACTION OFFICER'S TDY:(1) Mr. Widby will be TDY, 11-15 Aug 97, to Ft Lee, VA, to attend CSS Wireless LAN Demo.
(2) CPT Bierden will be TDY, 11-13 Aug 97, to Ft Lee, VA, to attend CSS Wireless LAN Demo.
(3) MAJ Knightley will be TDY, 11-14 Aug 97, to attend CEP 1107 Coordination Meeting with AMEDD.
SECTION IV. GENERAL OFFICER DUE OUTS.
DISTRIBUTION:Arnold, LTC, email@example.com
Avant, CW4 Curley A., TTH DCSIM, firstname.lastname@example.org
Aymar, LTC Edward O., DCSOPS(FD), email@example.com
Ball, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Barrett, COL, British LNO, email@example.com
Barron, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bell, MAJ, email@example.com
Bitto, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Borders, LTC, email@example.com
Bosse, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bouchard, LTC, email@example.com
Bowman COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Bridges, LTC, email@example.com
Buit, Tanya, firstname.lastname@example.org
Burse, COL Billy, email@example.com
Busby, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carroll, LTC Lance S., Deputy DCSIM, email@example.com
Carte, Mr. Ron, TEXCOM, firstname.lastname@example.org
Carter, COL Harvey, TEXCOM, email@example.com
Carter, John, firstname.lastname@example.org
Catudal, LTC, email@example.com
Cavanaugh, COL(P) Pete, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cheek, Joseph, Cheekj@email.hohenfels.army.mil
Cleyhorn, LTC, email@example.com
Coffman, COL Sammy, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cohen, LTC, email@example.com
Colwell, Vince, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cornelison, MAJ, email@example.com
Crockett, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Cross, Mr. Ronald, ADO, email@example.com
Davis, CPT, TECO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Davis, Mr. Glenn, SSB, DCD, email@example.com
Dionisio, CPT, firstname.lastname@example.org
Doerer, LTC, email@example.com
Droke, COL Willard "Bud", firstname.lastname@example.org
Emison, COL, email@example.com
Estrella, COL A, firstname.lastname@example.org
Everette, COL Sherwood, email@example.com
Ferezan, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Fletcher, COL Benjamin, email@example.com
Floyd, Ms., firstname.lastname@example.org
Flynn, LTC Thomas, email@example.com
Foley, Mr., firstname.lastname@example.org
Fong, LTC, email@example.com
Gerstein, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Girdwood, MAJ Steve, email@example.com
Gongaware, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gorzelnik, LTC, email@example.com
Grissom, Ted, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gunzelman, COL, email@example.com
Guthrie, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hammond, COL, email@example.com
Henderson, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Hightower, LTC, email@example.com
Hogan, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Horback, LTC, email@example.com
Howard, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Huff, COL, email@example.com
Hylton, COL Jim, firstname.lastname@example.org
Johnson, LTC, email@example.com
Karpinski, COL Mike, firstname.lastname@example.org
Karr, LTC, email@example.com
Kennedy, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
King, MAJ Rick, email@example.com
Klooster, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
Kopenhafer, COL James, email@example.com
Lamb, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lawrence, LTC, email@example.com
Landrum, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lee, COL Rick, email@example.com
Lehman, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lowrey, Vern, email@example.com
Luk, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lusk, COL Patrick, email@example.com
Luster, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Lynn, LTC, email@example.com
MacGregor, COL, firstname.lastname@example.org
MacTaggart, LTC, email@example.com
Madison, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mahaffey, COL Michael, email@example.com
Maida, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Matthews, Kenneth, TEXCOM, email@example.com
McAllister, MAJ Marilyn, firstname.lastname@example.org
McKeown, LTC, email@example.com
Meeks, LTC Carolyn, OPTEC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meredith, LTC, email@example.com
Meyer, COL John J., firstname.lastname@example.org
Mokrycki, LTC, email@example.com
Moore, MAJ, firstname.lastname@example.org
Moran, COL Dennis, email@example.com
Morrison, COL Stewart, firstname.lastname@example.org
Newman, LTC, email@example.com
Nichols, Mr. Larry, firstname.lastname@example.org
Offen, CPT Lee, OPTEC, email@example.com
Outland, Mr. Teddy, OPTEC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Paulson, Rosemary, email@example.com
Petersen, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pontius, LTC, email@example.com
Premo, COL Gregory, firstname.lastname@example.org
Price, LTC, email@example.com
Pritchard, COL Peter, firstname.lastname@example.org
Pruneski, CPT, email@example.com
Reynolds, COL Bob, firstname.lastname@example.org
Richardson, COL Velma, email@example.com
Riggin, Mr. Chuck, TECO, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rodakowski, COL, email@example.com
Roman, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rose, LTC, email@example.com
Santilli, Mr., firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary General, ISC, email@example.com
Shaddrix, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Shively, COL Robert, email@example.com
Slupik, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Smith, LTC, email@example.com
Smith, J., LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Spragg, CPT, email@example.com
Stallcup, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Steimer, COL Gary, email@example.com
Stevenson, Mary, firstname.lastname@example.org
Stump, LTC, email@example.com
Sul, Mr, OPTEC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Taylor, COL Thomas, email@example.com
Thomas, COL Kenneth, firstname.lastname@example.org
Tuckey, COL Thom, email@example.com
Tyler, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Urias, COL, email@example.com
Varljen, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Via, LTC, email@example.com
Vickery, Mr., firstname.lastname@example.org
Walker, LTC, email@example.com
Ward, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Wilson, LTC, email@example.com
Yavorsky, LTC, firstname.lastname@example.org
Zelazny, COL Robert, email@example.com