11 July 1998
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 1998 09:25:54 -0400 From: firstname.lastname@example.org To: email@example.com Subject: Newly Available GAO Reports and Testimonies, July 10, 1998 The following items were added to GAO's World Wide Web site in
Portable Document (PDF) format.
- Aviation Competition: Proposed Domestic Airline Alliances Raise
Serious Issues. T-RCED-98-215. 20 pp. June 4, 1998.
- China Trade: WTO Membership and Most-Favored-Nation Status.
T-NSIAD-98-209. 17 pp. plus 2 appendices (7 pp.) June 17, 1998.
- Civil Service Reform: Observations on Demonstration Authority,
the Use of Official Time, and the Administrative Redress System.
T-GGD-98-160. 17 pp. plus 1 appendix (1 pp.) June 24, 1998.
- Community Development: Early Results of the Community Development
Financial Institutions Fund's Programs. T-RCED-98-229. 14 pp.
June 17, 1998.
- Congressional Review Act: Update on Implementation and
Coordination. T-OGC-98-55. 13 pp. June 17, 1998.
- Defense Acquisition Organizations: Status of Workforce
Reductions. NSIAD-98-161. 18 pp. plus 2 appendices (2 pp.) June
- Defense Computers: Year 2000 Computer Problems Put Navy
Operations at Risk. AIMD-98-150. 23 pp. plus 3 appendices (8 pp.)
June 30, 1998.
- Drug Control: An Overview of U.S. Counterdrug Intelligence
Activities. NSIAD-98-142. 23 pp. plus 4 appendices (41 pp.) June
- Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle: DOD Guidance Needed to Protect
Government's Interest. NSIAD-98-151. 23 pp. plus 3 appendices (6
pp.) June 11, 1998.
- Export Controls: Issues Related to the Export of Communications
Satellites. T-NSIAD-98-211. 11 pp. plus 1 appendix (1 pp.) June
- Federal User Fees: Some Agencies Do Not Comply With Review
Requirements. GGD-98-161. 17 pp. plus 2 appendices (2 pp.) June
- Financial Audit: Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's 1997 and
1996 Financial Statements. AIMD-98-204. 56 pp. plus 3 appendices
(5 pp.) June 29, 1998.
- Financial Management: Training of DOD Financial Managers Could Be
Enhanced. AIMD-98-126. 19 pp. plus 4 appendices (8 pp.) June 24,
- Grant Programs: Design Features Shape Flexibility,
Accountability, and Performance Information. GGD-98-137. 38 pp.
plus 2 appendices (34 pp.) June 22, 1998.
- Law Enforcement: Information on Drug-Related Police Corruption.
GGD-98-111. 36 pp. plus 4 appendices (7 pp.) May 28, 1998.
- Money Laundering: FinCEN's Law Enforcement Support Role Is
Evolving. GGD-98-117. 43 pp. plus 7 appendices (32 pp.) June 19,
- National Missile Defense: Even With Increased Funding Technical
and Schedule Risks Are High. NSIAD-98-153. 21 pp. plus 2
appendices (2 pp.) June 23, 1998.
- Nuclear Nonproliferation: Uncertainties With Implementing IAEA's
Strengthened Safeguards System. NSIAD/RCED-98-184. 29 pp. plus 6
appendices (11 pp.) July 9, 1998.
- Results Act: Observations on Treasury's Fiscal Year 1999 Annual
Performance Plan. GGD-98-149. 20 pp. June 30, 1998.
- Social Security Administration: Technical and Performance
Challenges Threaten Progress of Modernization. AIMD-98-136. 19
pp. plus 2 appendices (6 pp.) June 19, 1998.
- Tax Administration: IRS Measures Could Provide a More Balanced
Picture of Audit Results and Costs. GGD-98-128. 23 pp. plus 6
appendices (15 pp.) June 23, 1998.
- Veterans' Health Care: Challenges Facing VA's Evolving Role in
Serving Veterans. T-HEHS-98-194. 9 pp. June 17, 1998.
- Year 2000 Computing Crisis: Testing and Other Challenges
Confronting Federal Agencies. T-AIMD-98-218. 12 pp. June 22,
These reports and testimonies will also be added to our
WAIS database in ASCII and PDF formats within the next 24 hours.
This database can be searched from the World Wide Web from the
search page at:
If you are using speech synthesizer equipment or lack World Wide
Web access you may search this database with GPO's public swais
client by telnetting to: swais.access.gpo.gov
Any individual report may be retrieved directly from that archive
in text and PDF formats with the following URL:
replacing RPTNO with the report number (e.g., GAO/OCG-98-1).
To UNSUBSCRIBE from the GAO Daybook mailing list, send an e-mail
message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with: unsubscribe daybook <your_email_address>
in the message body. Please do not reply to this message to
unsubscribe from the mailing list.