16 April 2006
ZIMBABWE POPULAR RESISTANCE
' We would rather sacrifice all than lose our country. Never shall we be enslaved. Compatriots, rise up!' - Ho Chi Minh
'Power must be conquered by a conscious people dare to invent the future' - Thomas Sankara
Zimbabwe has reached a point in it's young history where there is no path to follow other than popular resistance. Resistance to a brutal, corrupt, and illegitimate ZANU-PF regime that has shamed the principles of our liberation struggle and raped our country in pursuit of unlimited power and greed. Resistance to a dictator, Robert Gabriel Mugabe, who has betrayed and assaulted the hopes and aspirations of the Zimbabwean masses and has lost all claim as a legitimate leader. Resistance to domestic and international elites, whatever their race or ethnicity, who like parasites, have gorged themselves by sucking Zimbabwe's resources and people dry. Resistance to political opportunists who are more interested in gaining access to power and privilege than they are in struggle and sacrifice for the Zimbabwean masses.
Let us be clear. The strategies of resistance that have been pursued by various opposition forces have failed the people of Zimbabwe, and they will continue to fail. A reactionary and oppressive regime, and the elites that keep it alive, cannot be fought and defeated when the terrain on which the struggle is fought, is framed and controlled by that same enemy. What strategic use is there to participate in elections when all Zimbabweans know that the process and outcome of those elections are as fraudulent as 20 year-old war veterans? What kind of resistance strategy can be forged by endless conferences and discussions that take place without any meaningful popular participation and at venues owned and run by the enemy? What kind of strategic sense is there in making bedfellows of those economic elites and their corporate institutions, both inside and outside Zimbabwe, when they are joint architects of the repression and suffering of the Zimbabwean masses?
It is time to create our own terrain of struggle, a terrain of popular resistance that is determined by the masses of Zimbabweans themselves and that is free from the shackles of institutional, self-interested and 'big-man' politics. It is time to return to the principles and spirit of the popular liberation struggle that is the heritage of the Zimbabwean masses. It is time to strike fear into the hearts of the oppressors who think they are untouchable, to strike blow after blow against their interests and institutions.
Now is the time for the masses of Zimbabwe to rise up and reclaim our dignity and freedom.
Now is the hour to resist by all means necessary.
Party Instructions: Command Council: Directive 8 of 2006 - issued 10 March
1. With the worsening physical and political conditions across Zimbabwe, ordinary ZPR members and self-defence combatants are reminded of past Command Council directives for all to stay within the open political and civil-society formations in which they may find themselves while maintaining their primary allegiance to our movement, including those with special tasks within Zanu (pf) and the state apparatus.
2. No ZPR membership cards are to be carried into the country; the resistance unit commanders and the political cadre within the country remain the focus and link with the steering ZPR (CC) abroad.
3. Our struggle intends in it natural development against the Zanu (pf) state a final reckoning at elections called after an all-inclusive party-political, constitutional conference. We are not fighting the enemy in order to hand over to armchair, political entities the fruits of the peoples' resistance and sacrifice. Therefore no member or combatant may respond to any directive(s) to engage the Zanu (pf) state with use-of-force other than those with a proven origin within the ZPR (CC) or the Executive Committee.
4. Resistance through directed action in conjunction with building political consciousness towards contesting authentic, democratic elections under United Nations' auspices is the central, unaltered goal of our movement (Founding Constitution section 17(1) (3) and (4) of 2004).
5. Our membership, defence units, supporters and sympathizers are urged to pay no heed to the machinations of so-called Parliamentary participation, nor to invest their hopes in diversionary "peaceful demonstrations, stayaways and boycotts" - reserve your strength instead for the hard battles ahead. The struggle will be calling on you to assist soon enough both across the Diaspora and at home!
6. Declaration of ZPR membership may not be made to any instance inside or outside the movement unless permitted by the express order of the ZPR (CC).
7. All cadres are to familiarize themselves with the Operations Order 26 updating the Operations Target List that is to now include all formations and personnel of the Zimbabwean National Police as of midnight (CAT) 30 April 2006. The other OTLs remain:
· The Presidential Guard (OO-13).
· Central Intelligence Organisation (Charlie Ten) (OO-05).
· The Zanu (pf) President (OO-01).
· The National Cabinet and staffers (OO- 09).
· All other Zanu (pf) officer bearers and premises inclusive of business fronts (OO-02).
· All Zimbabwean National Army officers above the rank of Colonel and their immediate staff, inclusive of business fronts (OO-19).
ZIMBABWE POPULAR RESISTANCE
'Singazimisela loba yini kulokuthi silahlekelwe yilizwe lethu. Ngeke sivume ukugqilazwa. Vukani, maqhaqwe! -Ho Chi Minh
'Amandla kumele anqotshwe ngabantu abalentshisakalo ..abazimisele ukulungiselela ikusasa' - Thomas Sankara
IZimbabwe isifike esigabeni sokuthi akula enye indlela engalandelwa ngaphandle komvukela ojwayelekileyo.Umvukela owenziwa yiZanu -PF ebusa ngaphandle kwentando kazulu owokukhahlameza abantu,ukungathembakali embusweni njalo isibambe inkunzi ilizwe lethu ngenxa yokufuna ukubusa okweqile njalo okulobuhwaba.Isiyehlise isithunzi sezinqumo zethuezayenza sayalwela impi kazibuse.Ukuvukela umbuso kantando kayiphikiswa uRobert Gabriel Mugabe, oselahlekelwe yisithunzi sokuba yinkokheli yelizwe njalo walahla ithemba lezifiso zikazulu waseZimbabwe.Sivukela abahuquluzi benotho abakhethayo abezizweni, akukhathalekile ubuzwe babo kodwa asebethethe inotho yelizwe njalo batshiya abantu bengabayanga.Ukuvukela ngitsho labangabombusazwe, abakhangelele ukuthola izikhundla eziphezulu kulokuthi banikele impilo zabo ngokukhulula abantu bezimbabwe.
Kumele sazi, ukuthi yonke imizamo yomvukela eyenziwe ngamaqembu aphikisayo ayilethanga izithelo ebantwini baseZimbabwe njalo isazoqhubeka ingafezi izithelo.Umbuso wocindezelo ngeke ulwe lawo uwehlule ngoba bakhona abamsekelayo njalo inkundla okulwelwa kuyo ngeyabo.Kusizani ukungenela ukhetho lweZimbabwe yona impumelo yokhetho isobala njengempabanga yembuzi esedolweni okufana lokuthola umlweli wenkululeko oleminyaka engamatshumi amabili!Macebo bani omvukela angaphumelela nxa imihlangani isenzelwa enkundleni zabo bekhangele ngoba konke kuphethwe yibo.Kusizani ukwenza umlalisani labahuquluzi benotho abayidla ngaphakathi langaphandle bona beyibo abangani besitha njalo beyisizatho sokuhlupheka kukazulu waseZimbabwe.
Sesifikile isikhathi sokuthi senze isimo somvukela ozathakazelelwa nguzulu waseZimbabwe okhululeke kubantu abayizihwaba, ababhekele elabo icele ngoba befuna izikhundla.Sokuyisikhathi sokubuyela emuva sense izinqumo lensthisakalo eyabakhona ngesikhathi sokulwelwa inkululeko yasezimbabwe eyisikhumbuzo lokuzincoma kwabantu baseZimbabwe. Sokuyisikhathi sokuthi bazanywe labo abazitshela ukuthi bayesatshwa,kubhidlizwe lapho abathembe khona lenhlanganiso zabo eziba xhasayo.
Sokuyisikhathi sikazulu waseZimbabwe ukuthi aphakame, alwele inkululeko lesithunzi sethu.
Sokuyisikhathi sokuthi sithi 'sokwanele'
ICOMMAND COUNCIL: IZINQUMOMO 5 ZIKA 2006
ZIPHUME MHLAKA 20 MARCH
1. Ngesimo esilokhu siqubeka sisiba sibi kwezombusazwe,ilunga nje ele ZPR lamaqembu azivikelayo kumele bakhunjuzwe ngezinqumo ezenziwa yi Command council,ukuthi bahlale bekulawo maqembu lezinhlangano abakuzo kodwa bezaquba umzabalazo wokuhlasela Izanu pf.
2. Amalunga we ZPR kawavunyelwa ukuthwala amakhadi obulunga engena elizweni;inkokheli zeZPR ezingaphakathi yizo kuphela ezizaxumana njalo zixumane njalo zixumane lenkokheli ezingaphandle kwelizwe.
3. Umzabalazo ongeke waphela,njalo osuswe yikuzonda Izanu-pf,lumbutho uzohlasela Izanu-pf ize ivume ukwenza ukhetho olukhululekileyo njalo wonke umuntu ebeyingxenye yalo,kubizwe zonke inhlangano ezomzabalazo kulungiswe umthetho sisekelo welizwe.Ukuhlasela isitha lokhu asikwenzeli ukuthi kugcine kuphethe abebutho, kumbe abezombusazwe abazagqiba izikhwama zabo bengakhumbuli ukuzinikela kwamabutho omzabalazo.Ngenxa yalokhu akula lunga lombutho loba abahlaseli abazaba lemvumo yokukhulumisana leZanu-PF ngokuhlasela kwabo ngaphandle kweqembu eliphezulu icommand council.
4. Ukuhlasela okulenhloso njalo okuzakwenza ukuthi kugcine kubanjwa ukhetho ngaphansi kwenhlangano yezizwe,yiyonanhloso yeZPR. Umthetho sisekelo wokuqala (section 17(1) lo(4)oka2005).
5. Amalunga ethu,labahlaseli,labalandeli labahambisana lathi akusamelanga bazihluphe ngokhetho lwezigaba, lokufaka amandla abo ekungeneni emgwaqweni kumbe ukukhalala umsebeni, abantu kabalinde okukhulu okuzayo.Umzabalazo wokuzikhulula uyeza njalo uyalidinga lokuzimisela kwenu ngaphakathi langaphandle kwelizwe.
6. Ubulunga be ZPR kabukhulunywa loba yinini,ngaphakathi loba ngaphandle kwenhlangano, ngaphandle kuyikuthanda kwabaphathi bomzabalazo, icommand council.
7. Kumele abahlaseli bazijwateze ukuthi lapha kukotshelwa wenze (operations order 26)njalo bazi ukuthi kuhlaselwa bani (operations target list (OTL), lokhu kuhlanganisela amapholisa kuzoqala ebusuku buka (CAT) 17April 2006.Amanye ama OTL kuhlanganisa;
· .Amabutho agcine umkhokheli (00.13)
· .Abacuphi abazindlebe zikaHulumende (charlie ten) (00.05)
· .Umkhokheli we ZANU-PF (00-01)
· .Onqhonqhoshe lezisebenzi zabo (00-09)
· .Bonke abe ZANU-PF abalezikhundla lalapho abasebenzela khona njalo lalabo abalama bhizimisi kodwa becatsha ngeminwe (00-02)
· Bonke abebutho abalezikhundla iziphezulu kuka Coloneli laba sebenzi babo njalo lalabo abalamabhizimisi kodwa becatsha ngeminwe (00-19)
ZIMA LAPHA IZINQHUMO.
ZIMBABWE POPULAR RESISTANCE
'Zviri anai kuzvipira tose pane kupambwa nyike yedu. Hazvishaita kuti tirambe tichidzvanyirirwa vashingi, simukai' - Ho Chi Minh
'Simba rinowanikwa nevanhu vakabatana vakazvipira kunarama ngwana' - Thomas Sankara
Zimbabwe yasvika padanho pekuti hapachina chimwe chekuita kunze kwekuti ruzhinji rwusimuke torwira kodzero dzedu. Kurwisa mhondi, kusavimbika, nehurumende ye ZANU-PF ivo vakanganwa zvatakarwira hondo yerusununguko ndokuisa nyika yedu muhutongi hwehudzvanyiriri nehumbimbindoga. Kurwisa kutongwa nechisimba na Robert Gabriel Mugabe, uyo ambu-nyukidza nekudzvanyirira fungidziro netariro yeruzhinji rweZimbabweuyezve akanganwa zvinoita kuti ave mutungamiri akanaka. Kurwisa mbavha dzezvematongerwo enyika zvisinei kuti ndiaini, vanenge zvipfukuto, vabudirira nekuba hupfumi hwenyika yeZimbabwe vachisiya ruzhinjirwaomerwa. Kurwisa matsotsi ezvematongerwo enyika akangawa kuwana masimabnehupfumi sevari kuhondovachida rutsigiro rweruzhinji.
Regai tinyatsobuda pachena. Nzira dzekurwisa dzakawanda dzaishandiswa nemapoka anopikisa hadzina kukwanisa kusunungura mhuri yeZimbabweuyezve yoramba ichingotambura nekuomerwa. Hurumende yechisimba nevavanoshanda navo vanoita kuti irarame, havarwisike vakakundika kana nzimbo iri kurwirwa vakarongwa uyezve ichitungamirirwa nemhandu imwecheteyo. Kungave kugona here kukwikwidza maeleections apo ruzhinji rweZimbabwe rwuchiziva kutimafambiro nezvichabudapo kubirwa kwega semurwi werusunune uko anemakore makumi maviri? Inzira ipi ingashandiswe nemakungano pahurukuro dzavanoita pasina kutanga vanyatsozivi sa ruzhinji uvezve vachizviitira panzvimbo yemuvengi? Chii chinoratidzakufunga kana tichiteerera nekushanda nemhandu vose vari munyike kana kunze kwenyika, apo vakabatana pakuomesera nekutambudza ruzhinji rweZimbabwe.
Yave nguva yekuti tiumbe chitima chekuzvisungura, chitima cherusununguko chemaZimbabwe pachezvawo uyezve asina chekuita nemamwe masangano, evanoda 'kuve vakuru' mune zvematongerwo enyika. Yave nguva yekudzora chinangwa nehushingi hwechimurange cheruzhinji chino sanganisira mana wese weZimbabwe. Yave nguva yekuunza kutya muhana dzevavengi (vadzvanyiriri) vanofunga kuti havabatike, uye kurwisa zvinangwa nemasangano avo nguva nenguva kusvika takunda.
Yave nguva yekuti ruzhinji rweZimbabwe rwusimuke rwurwire kodzero dzavo nerugare.
Yave nguva yekurwisa nechero nzira yakakopzera.
CHIBVUMIRANO CHEDARE RE COMMAND COUNCIL: CHECHISHANU MUNA 2006 CHAKABURITSWA MUSIWA 20 KURUME
1. Nekuoma kwehupenyu nezvematongerwo enyika muZimbabwe, vatsigiri nevanoona nezvekuzvidzivirira mu ZPR vanoyeuchidzwa zvavakambonsi vaite nedare re Command Council zvekuti vange vachiita nekubuda pachena mune zvematonge rwo enyika apo vachiumba hwaro muchimuranga chedu, vanosanganisira vane mabasa mukuru mukati me ZANU(PF) nehurumende yenyike.
2. Hakuna kadhi reZPR rinotakurwa kupinda munyika; vatungamiri veuto nevamwe vezvematongerwo enyika vacharamba vari ziso nehwaro hweZPR Command Council iri kunze kwenyika.
3. Chimurenga chedu chichatora nguva, apo tichisimukira mukurwisa hurumende vechisimba ye ZANU(PF), zvichizoburikidza nemaelections ari pachena apo maZimbabwe ose achakwikwidza, anozoitwa mushure mekunge kwaita bumbiro remutemo rinosanganisira ruzhinji rweZimbabwe. Hatisi kurwisa muvengi kuti tizongope kuvanhuwo kana vezvematongerwo enyika, zviwanikwa zvekurwisa nekuzvipira kweruzhinji. Saka hapana uto kana mhemba inofanira kubvuma ikanzi irwise ZANU(PF) nechisimba kunze kweavo vakabva neku ZPR Command Council.
4. Kurwisa kweruzhinji tichiudzwa mafambiro pakuunza kusagadzikana tichirwira maelections ari pasi peUnited Nations ndichochekutanga chinangwa chechimurenga chedu, bumbiro repakutanga; [Founding Constitution: Section 17(1) na(4) yegore ra2005]
5. Ruzhinji rwedu, uto redu, nevatsigiri vedu nevatinodyi dzana navo vanokuruszirwa kuti varege kukwikwidzamune zvematongerwo enyika, kana mukuratidzira zvine runyararo nekurega kuenda kubasa -chengetai samba renyu kuchave nekurwisana kakaoma pamberi. Chimurenga chichada rutsigiro rwenyu rwukuru, mose vari munyika nekunze kwenyika.
6. Kunzi wave mhemba yaZPR hakuitike nenzira ipi zvayo, mukati kana kunze kwechimurenga kunze kwekunge kwabvumirwa nedare re Command Council.
7. Vose vanechekuita vanofanira kutevedza chibvumirano chemashandiro chichi 26. kuziva vatakanangana navo pachimurenga chedu Operations Target List (OTL) ayo anosanganisisira varimuchipurisa muZimbabwe (ZRP) kubvira usiku hwemusiwa 17 Kurume 2006 vamwenangana vatakanavo muchimurenga vanoti:
· Vachengetedzi Vemutungamiri Wenyika (00-13)
· Vari MuCentral Intelligence (CIO) (00-05)
· Mutungamiri We ZANU-PF (00-01)
· Hutungamiri Hwese Hwemu Cabinet Nevavanoshanda Navo (00 -09)
· Vose Vari Muuto reZimbabwe (ZNA) Vari Pamusoro paColonel Nevavanoshnda Navo, Kusangaanisa Mabhizimisi Avo (00 -19)
Saturday 25 March 2006
Response to Tony Blair's Security Speech by the Zimbabwe Popular Resistance (ZPR) underground.
The British Prime Minister's speech last Tuesday at the UK Foreign Policy Centre made fleeting mention of Zimbabwe. Nonetheless the political leadership of the ZPR finds it noteworthy in relation to British party political conduct vis-à-vis the Mugabe regime and those Zimbabweans who are confronting it through use-of-force.
Blair admits, "there are many areas in which we have not intervened as effectively as I would wish, even if only by political pressure."
Sudan, for example; the appalling deterioration in the conditions of the people of Zimbabwe; human rights in Burma; the virtual enslavement of the people of North Korea."
We welcome his acknowledgement that the New Labour Party has faltered in its focus on Zimbabwe.
The root cause in our analysis remains the British fixation over South Africa and the ruling party there. Britain will not make hard challenges to Zanu-PF or Robert Mugabe so long as the formulation by Thabo Mbeki of his 'quiet-diplomacy' runs its course, namely financial support for the Zimbabwean economic collapse directly caused by Zanu-PF malfeasance and outright corruption, military and intelligence support often directed against the resistance to Mugabe's misrule; and political and diplomatic buttressing for the regime at the United Nations, the African Union, SADCC, and the Commonwealth.
We call on all Zimbabwean patriots concerned at our national decline into tyranny to remain aware that the British Labour Party would rather not cross Mbeki's policy out of deference to his control of British investments and the perceived interest of UK resident nationals in South Africa. The phrase 'real politik' describing this opt-out has been used in the past with the Tsvangirai faction of the MDC by British politicians as they wring their hands.
The United States' President, despite his reference to Zimbabwean freedom in his recent State of the Union speech, will not break with the lead Britain assumes over Mugabe and Zanu-PF : essentially sound-and-fury amounting to nothing substantial.
Tsvangirai's next stunt will be to try another futile round of national strike action, which will spectacularly fail except to elevate his name into international prominence above that of the rival leader of the senate-faction of the MDC. Yet another dead end.
Blair has placed on record his despair at the gross human rights violations accompanying the recent forced removals by Mugabe thugs, saying that "countries in the region" ought to make intercession with the Zanu-PF regime in order to stop abuses. Interpretation: Britain is not going to hazard any meaningful effort in confronting Mugabe beyond the EU's mild sanctions already in place.
Nor should Zimbabweans pin their hopes on other British political parties, namely the Conservatives, whose shadow foreign secretary, William Haig, working through his former tutor at Magdelene College Oxford, also an adviser to the opportunist leader of South Africa's official opposition, Tony Leon, has similarly used the phrase "real politik." Leon only uses Zimbabwe under Mugabe as a motivator with his support base of unreconstructed, apartheid hacks.
At present British policy on Zimbabwe cannot advance until the South African ruling party sheds its policy of constructive engagement with the regime -- presumably not within the next two years before Mbeki is required constitutionally to start stepping down.
We are on our own! As always the best defence the Zimbabwean people can make remains that advanced by itself in confronting the regime with its own self-defence units of the resistance.
Gideon Chitongo (ZPR media spokesperson)